Our masses are always online.Watch here
From 4th July our church doors will be open for short public mass, with no singing, a brief sermon, but followed by communion as you leave:
(there will be NO First Saturday of the Month Noon mass for July)
In addition, online only, we will have full 'isolated' mass each weekday morning from
Mon - Fri at 8am
when Mgr Michael has the church to himself, to regale us with his thought-provoking reflections on the scripture and lead us in the delightful hymns that we have so come to enjoy.
Also Rosary each Friday 11am
Order of Mass on your phone
Your priests love to hear you respond when you come to mass, especially after months with only silent internet viewers. As we cannot leave out books during public mass, you may use your phone to follow the celebration, including your responses.
Universalis has a free Order of Mass so you can follow simply by scrolling down that page, with your responses in bold black text. If you prefer an App, Universalis also offers a great one for a tenner that automatically loads the exact text and readings for the day, even for our diocesan feasts.
All of these courses are free.
Rosary and Divine Mercy: Fridays 11.00am
No signup required, just tune into Live Services like you do when you watch mass online.
To sign up for the following email email@example.com
Scripture Study: Mondays 7.30pm
Explore the narratives and discourses of Matthew, the first book of the New Testament.
Lectio Divina: Wednesdays 10.30am fortnightly
Open your hearts to the experience of the Presence of God in His Written Word.
Video & Discussion: Wednesdays 7.30pm
Discover more about your faith, and deepen it with these courses. Watch an engaging film then explore views and experiences with other participants.
Christian Meditation: Fridays 10am
Listen to your soul through the stillness of prayer.
Rules for Public Mass
Following guidance from the government and from the bishops, here are the rules and procedures we have in place to allow us to reopen for public mass:
- The Church will open 15 minutes before mass time, but the toilets will remain locked!
- The obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains suspended, therefore if possible please come to a weekday Mass to reduce the pressure on Sundays.
- You must sanitise your hands at the door and wear a mask or face covering as you move around the Church – please bring your own.
- Everyone must observe social distancing at all times, to limit the risk to others and ourselves. Please follow the directions of the welcomers.
- When sitting, if other households are at least two metres away, you may remove your mask. You must put it back on when moving around.
- We have been instructed to keep the celebrations as simple as possible. Singing is not permitted and the homily will be short to minimise the time we are in the building together.
- Holy Communion, under one kind, will be distributed at the end of Mass, into the hand only. Please ensure you take your belongings up with you as you must leave the Church immediately.
- These arrangements will only be possible if enough volunteers come forward a) to welcome and steward from fifteen minutes before the Mass, and b) to stay behind and sanitise the Church after each public Mass.
Updatesvia Twitter from SacredHeartHove
You might like these resources:
- Universalis - today’s Mass Readings
- Pray as you Go - listen and reflect on daily scripture
- Wednesday Word - get more from the coming Sunday’s readings
- Colour and Shape - weekly Children's Liturgy from an mum in our deanery
- Magnificat - enrich your daily prayer life
- A&B eBulletin - sign up for weekly news from our Diocese
- Bishops' Conference CBCEW
“Love one another, as I have loved you” (Jn.15: 12)
A very warm welcome to our Sacred Heart parish website. We are a vibrant and welcoming community of over 600 worshippers here in the centre of Hove.Read More
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Please click here to see how the Diocese of Arundel & Brighton stores uses your personal data".
Parish rooms closed
Sacramental Programmes and all groups/gatherings in the parish rooms are suspended for the time being.