"Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them."
The death of a loved one can be a trying and stressful time. At the time of loss it may be difficult to focus on planning the funeral for your departed loved one. However, the funeral can be a wonderful tribute to him or her, and it can be part of our memories which last forever. The funeral can also offer great comfort and solace to those who mourn.
- The first step is to contact the parish and a funeral director of your choice to handle the necessary arrangements.
- The funeral director will liaise with the parish to schedule a time for the Mass or Service. As a general rule, the funeral mass for a Catholic is celebrated in his or her own parish church.
- Once the date and time have been determined, the priest or parish secretary will contact you and schedule an appointment to meet with the parish priest.
- At the meeting, the priest will help you select the readings and music, as well as answer any questions you may have about the funeral service.
- For Support, do contact the Bereavement Support Group